The initiatives we support
Great minds think (and behave) alike
Open Source Initiative
Because open source doesn't just mean access to the source code. The distribution terms of open-source software must comply with some additional criteria.
Principles for Digital Development
Living guidelines to help development practitioners integrate established best practices into technology-enabled programs.
The HTH Manifesto
For Ethical Humanitarian Innovation
- The solutions used will respect the humanitarian principles, and especially the principles of humanity, neutrality and impartiality;
- Caeteris paribus, the use of open source tools will be privileged over more limited options;
- Tools developed in-house will be shared under one of the open source standards. When outsourcing, the open source option will be privileged whenever is possibile;
- In case of multiple licences on the same tool, the organization will disclose the parts under open source standard;
- The organization will proactively disclose the source and all relevant documentation of any open source tool in the shortest delay possible;
- The organization will facilitate the access to such tools by creating freely accessible repositories in easy to find and well marked dedicated section of its web portal, or opening an account in specialized external hosting services or repositories;
- The tools will be provided in several languages, or opened to the intervention of community-based or crowsourced translations;
- During implementation, the organization will involve local partners or communities and provide adequate training and support to ensure long-term sustainability;
- The organization committs to strenghten internal awareness and capacity in terms of accessible and appropriate technology, to ensure its staff provides the best assistance using the most appropriate solutions;
- The organization will develop long-term strategies to monitor and evaluate the tools' impact and their use by local partners, to improve future deployments.
Join the initiative.
Spread the message, support ethical humanitarian innovation.